Monday, December 18, 2006

Refusing to let it be

'Child-woman' and 'woman-child' all sound good. But there are some things you really wish you've grown out of. Catfights, for example. They are not at all what they are made out to be. I was in one recently and though the event has "left the building", the bad taste in my mouth is yet to leave. MrG drew my attention to a Dilbert panel yesterday which has Ted (the generic guy) going "Can I bail out of this project before it becomes a blight on my resume?" I wish I had the sense to get out of the catfight before it became one, before it became a "blight" on my life. Sometimes, the warning bells are all ringing, the signs are all flashing, yet you don’t get out while you still can, gracefully. Why, oh, why?

Maybe I just like the taste of blood  :)

4 Comments:

Blogger phatichar said...

hmm..maybe it's got something to do with 'fighting' spirit? ;)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Alpha said...

oooooo..tell tell!

7:34 AM  
Blogger GratisGab said...

phatichar - no, sadly no. "fighting spirit" is reserved for REAL fights.

alpha - you would love the story. will tell.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Pinku said...

hey this post parceled with the one on top...does make it look like you are a baiter...

but not all baiting is bad by any means...

so chill!!!

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home