Friday, November 04, 2005

Our Conversations

“You called them
They laughed, cried
You called them too
They smiled and sighed
You called your friends
And heard the “Girl or Boy?”
But you haven’t heard me
My guffaw of joy!
And now you simply
Have to grow up some more
All kinds of lessons
Some done. Some in store
Some broke you as they made you…
But some like this,
Are so good, so pure.
I am a part of this
Tomorrow, today
If you could be told
In some way, some way...”

………………………………………………………………….

“The thunder and the lightning...
Was it you celebrating?
The drops on my sill
Spoke out to me
Like nothing had
Like nothing will.
You knew. I knew then.
So watch your baby
Stumble and learn
But look out too Sir
As you chuckle and hover
I will sneak up to you
And make you a Grandpa
Third time over...!”